Google Apps Education Edition is a free suite of hosted communication & collaboration applications designed for schools and universities. Cape Elizabeth will be piloting Google Apps for staff and students during the 2009-10 school year.
Google Apps Logins:
Google Apps Education Edition offers the following:
- Usernames are the same as your laptop logins
- Staff - First initial plus last name (Ex: John Smith's username would be jsmith - PLEASE NOTE: For some staff we had to use the first two letters of the firstname plus the lastname Ex: josmith)
- Student - Firstname plus a period plus lastname (Ex: John Smith's username would be john.smith)
- Passwords - Contact technology staff for help
- Google Docs: Share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school. You can publish final documents to the entire world, too.
- Google Calendar: Students can organize their schedules and share events and calendars with others.
- Google Sites: Work together to keep related documents, web content and other information in one place, on one site.
- Gmail: Email accounts and 7GB of storage for each user.